so I got the bus from Blenheim to christchurch... its took over 5 hours stopping off in kaikoura for half an hour which was nice as I like kaikoura! I forgot to say when I was in kaikoura i went on day trip to hamner springs and sat around in the spas there. that was cool but I felt car sick all the way there and back.
anyway so i arrived in christchurch - a big city - the largest on the south island apparently, got off the bus in the poouring rain - arrived in my hostel like a drowned rat (had to stay in a womens hostel as all the others were full!), realised I had left a bag on the bus! Luckily when i went back it had been handed in!
Then I went to pak n save chose my shopping and realised I had no way of paying for it as I had run out of cash and don't yet have my bank of new zealand card so spent my last dollar on some pasta sauce!
I was shattered by the time I got back so climbed up on this windown seat to shut the curtains.. and promptly fell off. I lay on the floor shaking for over an hour, my ankle swelled up and I was in so much pain!!
I lasted out the night before I went to the hospital and had it xrayed (I'll have to get the money back from insurance) - I had to use my english bank account to get the money. Anyway it isn't broken but the xray showed lots of damage to ligaments etc.. so I'm hobbling around on crutches! I was going to look for a job today but I can't wander around looking for one and I can't see what help I would be to anyone of i did find a job. I'm just parying I'll be able to walk on it tomorrow! Cos its a tad weird being stuck in a german women only hostel! and I need to get somewhere to work in exchange for rent asap! but I guess I should wait at least 24 hours or until I can walk!?
lets hope the next few days are a bit better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment