Sunday, February 26, 2006

Baked!

Correction! I said my new job was 30 mins out of Christchurch when i actually mean 30 mins out of Auckland! Silly me! anyway the flight is now booked for the 11th march which is all cool!
It has been baking hot today which was not nice to work in! I was practically crawling on the floor from heat exhaustion by the end of the day! The matter was not helped by my bleeding fingers! I have broken by nails right down to the quick from scrubbing floors and of course I keep bashing them and then they bleed! so now I am wearing pasters on them all!
Yesterday I had the afternoon off and Eva and I went up to Tree Crop Farm. It was lovely!
Although it was a 2 and a half hour walk up a steep hill in 30degrees which wasn't so nice! I love the walk decriptions which say - just wlk up this gentle path, when your standing at the bottom of the steepest hill you've ever seen! trhats the trouble with being in the moutains I guess! They are all old volcanoes that erupted a long time ago.
The night before I babysay for the twins Max and India (my bosses children). That was some extra cash which was good! they have a lovely house with beatiful views of the mountains!
I have the morning off tomorrow so intend to spend it in the hammock reading the book I've just started -"tommo and hawk" - the sequal to the Potato factory - which eva is now reading, and reading very fast - faster then i read it and since she is reading in a language that is not her own thats highly impressive! I wish I could read that fast in other languages! Eva and I are getting along well and I'll miss her when I leave Akaroa but hopefully we will meet up again somewhere!

2 comments:

Paul E said...

yeah being bi-lingual would be super awesome. I expect it's easier if you start when you are that young

Melissa said...

Yeah, scools in other countries make you do tonnes of languages too!