I'm knackered! But have had a good day! am settled into the cleaning job in excahnge for my accomodation at Chez la mer and today I started my paid job at the local pharmacy. So I work 10-12 cleaning and 2-6 in the pharmacy. I have never used a till before and I hoped that the till would add up for me.. but of course people always say NZ is 50 years behind the times.. and in my pharmacy is an old gold till the same (apart from $ rather than pounds) as the one my dads got in the conservatory that came out of my grandparents pub 50 years ago!!! lol! so that is pretty funny! My maths has improved over the course of the day, though I have amused people my getting my calculator out alot! So.. in a few weeks I'm going to know alot more about drugs and what ointments to use with what! I think I did pretty well for my first day, and my boss seems nice! I'll be working 5-7 days a week thpugh so I'm going to be pretty tired! I intend to stay here for about a month - then save lots to travel around a bit more and then find another town to stay in for a month or so.. and so on!
So far I love Akaroa! Yesterday afternoon I went out Kayaking on the sea, in search of dolphins! That was exhausting but good fun! I certianly slept well last night!
I'm sharing room with Bex from Australia, and Eva from Holland, I'm getting on well with both of them which is good, we are all going to be cleaning and working for around a month so were going to be sharing room for a month so we certainly need to get on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment