Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Chilled!

I've had a good few days. Been hanging out with Paul. (Amanda went to Whangerai) We went to Auckland the day before yesterday with his friend Brynt and I tried Japanese food. I ate with chopsticks which I've realised slows down how fast I eat dramatically! (People are always saying I eat really fast and I know I should slow down but never do!)
Sorry Eva I did try to get your stuff from the IEP but by the time we got to Queen Street after Mount Eden and swimming etc it was 8pm.. I'll try to get it another time.
We went swimming in the sea (a daily event) but still much enjoyed! Its great how beaches in NZ are so quiet and you can be the only person on the beach, yet they also have great facilities and usually have a chnaging room and shower tucked away somewhere!!
I also tried Liquorice tea which I really liked so have bought some today. Thats two types of tea I like now, that yummy one Eva made and liquorice tea. I've decided its a cheap drink so thought it was a good idea to buy some! Maybe its just the English normal tea with milk that I don't like!?
Yesterday after cleaning the hostel I just sat around reading on the beach and around the hostel. I finished the Da Vinchi Code which was in a hostel bookswap. The bookswaps are really good here - a cheap way to have lots of different books to read!! since its so popular and its been in the book charts forver I thought it was about time I read it!! It was good, not the best book I've ever read or anything but still absorbing! Today I have started The Curious dog at midnight. Which I'm guessing you have read mum since it about aspergers? Its very good so far!
I am still looking for paid work and trying to live on nothing so I don't spend any money! So I try not to come into town - but then if I don't come into town I won't get work!
I've filled in an application for New World but not heard anything, and am about to take an application into Hola a restaurant / bar. If I don't find anything its not the end of the world I can live cheaply until Lou gets here - but it would have been nice to have more spending money for when she come over! When she leaves I'll have to find some paid work fast or at least a job that includes food!! (which some woofing ones do). Have seen a couple on the islands surrounding Auckland - which I have ben wanting to go to for ages!! But for now I'll stick to the hostel I'm in as I agreed to stay for the month - and its probably good for me to spend some solitary time. (since Paul's gone it has been VERY quiet there - so quiet that I barely speak to anyone all day!
Have realised I desperately wan to learn to drive so that I can buy a campervan and live and travel in it..have a feeling lessons might be expensive though so I guess I just need someone to give me some free lessons!! - either that or I only pick up hitchhikers who have their liscence so they can get a lift at the same time as making it legal for me to drive!!
Have drafted out my letter to Worthing Women's Aid to resign from my job.. will read it through a few times and then send it!
I can't afford to put my photos on disk at the moment so you'll all have to wait for more photos!!
I also want to say a huge THANK YOU to Pat for picking me up at the airport the other day. It is really so kind of you. Its strange thinking of you living so nearby to where I am now I keep expectng you to drive past when I'm walking along the road or something!! (the walk from my hosten to Orewa town centre is about half an hour which is good to keep me healthy! its nice as I can walk along the beach and stuff!)

4 comments:

Paul E said...

chopsticks are a very good way of eating slower :-)

Anonymous said...

yes I agree you always seemed to eat too fast so maybe the chopsticks will teach you to slow down!!
mum xx

Melissa said...

It was amazing! for once I wasn't the first one to finish the meal!!

Melissa said...

I actually found it hard to get into but once I started reading it I was hooked!