Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Winter Solstace

sometimes I think theres a real risk of me getting pneumonia and dying! The showers are in blocks outside and I have to really persuade myself to have a shower! When its minus five or something and icy underfoot its horrible! once your in the shower its good but then I cant persuade myself to get out again!!
worked at nursery all day today, am working there tomorrow and friday, then have the weekend off and am working there everyday next week. so thats good! I need the money!!
its the shortest day today so roll on summer, thr days wil get longer as from tomorrow! which is a relief as I hate getting up in the dark!
still it was nice cycling to work this morning, it was really pretty, a really pink sunrise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny I was watching the summer soltace at Stonehenge this morning so today is the longest day of the year for us!!
Anna
xxx

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds pretty grim!!
I never thought that you might be experiencing frost or anything like that out there!
I learn something everyday.
Love mum xx

Paul E said...

wow, so amazing you are so far away that the seasons are exactly opposite!
So no naked people dancing around old stone slabs then ;-)

Melissa said...

yeah is very bizarre how opposite our seasons are!! Today I saw snow!! went to the beach and saw all the snowy mountains!! I still want it to snow in Nelson, people are snowed in, in Christchurch/ Akaroa area!!
Definately no naked people dancing round stones here!! there are winter solstace parties round fires though!