Monday, July 31, 2006

I forgot to actually give you the deatils of my turkish restaurant interview
Turkish Guy (TG) "do you have any experience?"
Me "Not really"
TG Do you know how to take orders?
Me "No, well havent ever but I'm a quick learner?"
TG Have you served wine?
Me No, dont even know how to open a bottle
TG Well at least our honest start at 5:30pm

Anyway night was great, sooooo busy you wouldnt believe!
My first job was a huge party with bottles for me to open, I told them the truth that I didnt know how to open wine yet and they thought it was so funny, I got the whole table clapping when I got one open after 10 minutes of trying!!!
But I did do well and managed everything asked of me, then it was cash in hand so that was cool! no tax!
I didnt finish till 11:30 and then TG gave me a lift home. He was pretty sleezy but just with words he didnt actually try anything (or might have had to use my self defence skills!)

3 comments:

Paul E said...

YOU don't know how to open a bottle of wine?! Just beer at university then? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the interview. It sounds like something out of 'The Office' comedy!
love mum xx

Melissa said...

I know my skills are severely lacking. My excuse is that I have never liked wine and am very proficient at opening the screw caps or flicking off bottle caps of spirits and alcopops (university wasnt completely wasted!)
Yeah people at the backpackers were most amused when I recounted my interview!