Saturday, November 11, 2006

Okay so my psychic skills were spot on last night when I wrote in the blog (My psychic classes in Nelson must have paid off!). Melissa is being trained up for my job.. I have one months notice so my last day is 12/12/06.
I am both thankful for a great first month (second month not so great), for having had great housemates and for having learnt so much in this job. I am also thankful and relieved to be leaving!
My night did not improve when Melissas brother aged 12 (Aaron) stayed the night last night on our sofa (making the totel in flat 8 people).I had to work 8-8 today so I needed sleep so when I asked Aaron to turn down the TV which was on full blast outside my bedroom door at 11:30pm - he did marginally after giving me evils! (He has been laying around on our sofa alot lately, in just his boxers a bit like a slug).. anyway, I rammed my ear plugs into my eardrums and tried to get to sleep. at 2am I asked him to switch it off, he said after this film. At 5am I switched it off. I asked marie if aaron would be staying again tonight and she said maybe so I said .. sorry to be complaining again (this is after notice conversation so I thought what have I got to lose?!) and said I had asked Aaron to turn tv down at 11:30 and in the end had to switch it off at 5am. She spoke to him about it and of course when he denied it she belived him. (he said the kids had switched it on again). he is right to some extent - I know the kids did switch it on at 6:45 when they got up and ran havoc around the house and Melissa and daniel were dead to the world. In the end I gave them some of my cocoa pops etc.. When I left for work at 8:45am I knocked on melissa and daniels' door to say I was going out and someone needed to keep an eye on the children.. (because of course lighters and knives are all within easy reach..). They didnt stir so I went out. I dont know if thats the right thing to do or not but who knows!!
work is not much better, I both count down the hours that there is only 4 hours to go till the end of work but then there is also 4 hours to go until I have to face a house full of noisy kids and moody teenagers. Ana and Jessika bless them are being lovely to me and are very upset and the thought of me not being around for Christmas (so want me to get the YHA job). Ana's house hunting, and both are escaping to Okarito tonight to get away as they have days off tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG can't believe it!
Do you really need to stay for your notice that long? Or are they happy for you to bugger off whenever you want too....
Nasty bunch...

Hope you survive the time till you leave! Do you still want to live in FJ?
Hope you find another good job with better living conditions and some sane management (with no kids around?)... pffff....

Wish Ana and Jessika good luck with their flat hunt!

X
Eva

Melissa said...

Have decided not to stay in Franz Josef, am thinking of Dunedin? Dont know why bit it sounds nice! Hopefully it wont rain as much there as it does here!
Marie said if I found a job earlier and needed to leave earlier then that was fine.. we'll see what happens. I kind of need the months pay just in case I dont find something for a while...