Tuesday, November 07, 2006


well its hard to make me out all the way down there! but yes its me upside down!!
This is the best thing ever!!
Have had a mad few days throwing myself off bridges and canyons.. is strange as feel fear has melted away and I can do anything now!!
The first thing I did was a bungee and I was shit scared.
Had to waddle (as feet tied together) to edge of platform and dive off... then got dunked in water!!! what a rush!!
Next day I went canyon swinging!
Mum remember how you always tell dad and I off for swinging backwards on our chairs?! well this is the ultimate!!
On the side of a canyon they strap you to a plastic garden chair (just the normal kind, I said that one had once shattered uder me in the garden.. so they showed me the sticker on the bottom saying "only for domestic use" and asked me if I still wanted to go?!! Of course!! go for it... and then you lean back and fall 200metres... (obviously attached to rope!) somersaulting and everything! fab huh?! god did I scream!!
Then.. I though why not go for the scariest option available? so did the gimp.. they hang you out feet first over the canyon and then you have to turn yourself upside down and twist your feet round the rope, then they drop you... IT WAS *!#%$*^% fantastic! (This bleeps are for mums benefit!)
www.canyonswing.co.nz
and
www.ajhackett.com

I will show you the DVDS and movie clips when I get back to the UK!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about taking your life in your hands.............you won't catch me doing any of that !!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW and I am sure I would have had to cover my eyes when you jumped!!!
mum xx

Melissa said...

lol! it was great! strangely I feel doing bungy has changed my life! I know I can do something I'm terrifed of and be okay.. I can apply this to everything in my life..

Melissa said...

I think I probably did, I always liked rock climbing when I was little, especially the abseiling.. its just got harder when I was bigger and heavier.. they are building an ice climbing wall in franz at the moment but I'm guessing its not going to be finished until I after I leave.. I would like to give it a go!