am leaving Monday, will go in the direction of Stewart Island and see where I end up on the way..
Feel better now I've made a decision. I think I had decided yesterday when I wrote in my blog I was just worried about letting Bea down...
Last night Nookie sent round one of his friends to tell me that he's got back with his wife. Did I miss something? are we still at school? what a wuss for not telling me himself! I knew he wasnt the one or anything so I'm not devastated but I was a little upset (not sure if thats the right word for it or not?) last night. Still I knew it wasnt going to be forever and we wouldnt work, so ultimately I'm glad he's back with his wife (they'd been split up about 8 months.. maybe her seeing him with someone else was the kick she needed to realise she didnt want anyone else to have him?!)
Anyway, more amusingly, the friend then asked if I'd like to go round his for a drink and that he was going to Roxborough the next day and would I like to come? I declined the drink and asked more about the ride (he's truck driver), but it turned out he was staying there overnight.. so I asked about sleeping arangements and he said he could sneak me into his motel room. Hmnn well didnt want to get into the disacussion about whether there would be 2 beds or not.. I have a strong feeling he was trying to be a replacement for Nookie and that I would jump at the chance at sharing a motel room with some guy I barely know?! so... strangely enough I said no.
I mean I have got pretty used to sharing a dorm room with various different guys every night (sounds a bit dodgy I know?! I mean you lot back home must think its weird with us backpackers wondering whose going to be sleeping in their room tonight!? the joy of shared rooms aye? I love having a room to myself.. but have got quite used to sharing a room now.. nevertheless an important part of jobsearching is whether I get my own room nowadays!)
I got an email from nelson, the other nursery I used to work in occasionally wants to offer me a full time permanent job desperately. If it was the Tasman Street Nursery I'd jump at it I think but I'm really not sure about Founders Park.. ahrd to decide.. it is good money after all.. but thats no use if I wouldnt be happy? More desicions! (actaully theres no decsions to me made its a no.. if Tasman Street offered me a full time job I'd be there with bells on though..) I know they offered me that when i was there but they had to employ other poeple and I couldnt expect them to wait for me to think about things!! Besides I dont want to work in a nursery nowadays i want to go into joint partnership with someone for ownership of a backpackers (they put most of the money into it to buy it, I live in and run it and we share the profits..) any offers let me know..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are there ever any jobs in schools as supply teachers or TAs advertised that you could try out too. That would be quite good money wouldn't it? I know it would commit you to a longer duration somewhere but at least it would be more money (and it doesn't look as if you have any plans to wing your way UK wards!)
Hope your decisions work out for you.
love mum
xx
yeah alot of people only manage a year or so.. I'd have to see.. it would have to be the right place.. and I'd have to learn to drive!!
mum!! I don't want to teach!! I am hear to discover other careers than teaching since I don't think I ever want to teach again.. but saying that I will look out for jobs in nursery schools or childcare centres.. but I would have to pay $500 to get my qualifications recognised if I did any teaching..
still we'll see what happens.. something always turns up!! who knows what I'll find on Stewart Island
Post a Comment