The Doubtful Sounds..
so back to that amazing storm.. you couldnt go on deck in the height of it or you would have got blown off. But we were peeking round in protected bits at the amazing moody views and the rain lashing down.. it was cool!
The food on the cruise was amazing and since its all included we tucked in!!
When we got on we were gieb hot drinks and fresh muffins.. a couple of hours later hot soups and fresh rolls, a couple of hours later this huge buffet with 5 different salads, and then mains of akaroa salmon, roast lamb, roast beef, checken and these veggie vol au vont things.. and then all the veg.. then for pudding there were 5 deserts such as pavlova and cheescake.. I was stuffed!!
The bedrooms werent bad either.. obviously I was on the cheap deck right at the bottom in little dorms. There was a funny older guy in my room who promptly stripped off to the buff (changing after getting soaked in the storm) but other than that it was fine!! I know we lose inhibitions when backpacking but there is a reason we have bathrooms!
anyway.. we had a good evening.. most of the ship were older and richer but we created a little table of younger people (not wearing pearls with bouffant hair do's). But I was exhaustewd and was in bed by 11pm.. and slept soundly until there was an anouncement at 6:30am saying we were surrounded by dolphins if anyone fancied looking.. well you've never seen me move so fast 9thats a good alarm clock) I was out of bed and on top deck within 30 seconds still with ear plugs in and pjs on!! cool though. worth it!
and the weather was beautiful.. so calm and blissful! and there was sunshine!!
Breakfast was great (i know I'm obsessed with food!), yummy fresh fruits. yoghurts, croissants, cereals, and then the full cooked brekkie..
then we cruised around enjoying the sunshine..
2 comments:
sounds great :-)
it is! I highly recommend it all to anyone who comes over!
Post a Comment