Today I applied for my Australian visa. This is a big thing! It means I commit myself to another year travelling, to leaving NZ (that makes me upset) and to not going back to the UK for another year at least (technically 18 months since I have another 6 months here). Of course its not really committment as such if I dont like it I can leave!!
I feel really weird having applied for it, my stomach has butterflies in it like when I applied for my NZ visa. It could be accepted in as little time as 48 hours! Lets hope I get accepted or I'll cry! I cant think of any reason I wouldnt but you never know..
I got an Easter egg today which was really nice. Moira brought me and Ruth an egg round, she is going away for a week so I am not getting my usual day off on Monday, I dont have a day off until next saturday so I am going to be pretty tired by then!
The backpackers is manic again, it quietened down over the last few weeks but then over Easter weekend it is VERY busy!! This is the first time I have sat down all day!!
Mind you its been a little cooler today which was nice as it gave me a chance to do jobs its been too hot to do like dig up potatoes etc so I've probably created work for myself.
Picked the last of the peaches today as well which must mean summer is over or something which is a bit sad.. also lit the fire for the first time last night (I'm hoping its just a cold snap) its still warm in the sun though..
We've had lovely people in lately, so I've had nice people to chat to and stuff, I also met some nice people at yoga last night.
It was really exciting to go out last night (can you imagine what ts like living and working somewhere 24/7 as once I've worked my 14 hours per day I just want to fall into bed so I never leave the place apart from my day off.. so to go out to yoga was great!! (and good exercise wise).
I've been looking at my life goals list and seeing what I can achieve at the moment.
Can tick off number 28 -seeing a whale in the wild this week, and am currently working on number 58 - write a novel, also got a Jane Austen novel out the library so have started on number 45 - read the entire works of jane Austen, have applied for my aussie visa so am on my way to achieving number 1 which is to live, travel and work in australia. I wrote this list in 2001..
Before I leave NZ I might try and achieve number 47 - live temporarily on a commune
and number 59 Hand glide... I wonder what I'll do when I've done everything on the list.. write another list maybe? mind you its going to take me a while - the list is pretty long!! (101 things!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have got "read Jane Austen's novels" on my list too.
I somehow missed them out in my life's reading.
I did read most of the Bronte one's though which I am sure you would like to.
love mum xx
one day, one day.. yeah theres so many books I want to read.. I think Persuasion is the last Austen novel i have to read and I'm a quarter way through..! But I migth have to reread the others to remind myself I have..
Post a Comment