Its friday 13th even though the date in this blog will disagree with me!
So far my day hasnt been fab. a huge storm hit overnight so I didnt sleep a wink because doros were banging and it sounded like the backpackers was going to fall down (of course in the morning people complained and this was my fault!)
Once I woke up and walked round the backpackers to see what the noise was about I started worrying about things I hadnt done so by the time the alarm went off I wa sknackered, and starting off the day knackered is never good, then Ruth slept in till half 9 so I was cleaning on my own for 1.5 hours.. (she usually starts at 9)
the place was a mess and people didnt want to check out because the hadnt slept and people wanted their rooms to be ready to check in at 8:30am.. so it was a matter of going round and waking poeple up at 10:15am and telling them poeple were waiting to check in their rooms! they said thing like oh were going to stay another night (and its like.. um no your not.. were fully booked..)
Then of course its raining which meant a tumble drying day (which takes forever with the laundry) and all the whalewatching and dolphin swimming was cancelled so people were hanging round bored and under my feet all day..
I have also been having a clumsy day.. I ran out to buy a razor since I lost mine 2 weeks ago and was about to turn into a gorilla and nearly got hit by a car (theres not exactly many cars in kaikoura so gos knows how I managed that!), then when I shaved my legs (while listending for the bell and answering the phine I slipped and got bruises all down my back and bum (luckily didnt get cut by the razor.. there was some luck!)
Then later while putting bedding away tooth butted the shelf and thought I was going to have knocked my front tooth out.. it still hurts but dpesnt seem wobbly, still later I came flying down the stairs when the bell rang.. I want running promise.. but came thudding down scraping, back, bum and elsbow and getting serous bruises..
Luckily Ruth covered for me for an hours and a half and I had a nap and i feel so much better.
I am however going to go out so will feel even tireder tomorrow but its wonderful to go out, everythime I get to the end of the driveway I feel like wooping with delight I'm so happy to get out of here.. and it doesnt happen very often so am looking forward to it. if i can stay awake that long.. hence me typing in the evening which i never usually do..
But its ten to 9 and I can close reception in ten minutes, cash up and then lock the spa at 10pm and go out.. yay!
Charlie is going to coem and pick me up as there is a surf party out of town. I'll probably manage about an hour but it will be nice to be out and to see people who arent tourists!! I also wont be the life and the soul of the party by far.. to tired for that!!
Have decided to tell Moira I'll be leaving late May as I can feel I will get ill if I carry on working like this and i'm not saving enough as its shit money.. the childcare centre in nelosn have been emailing me about working so I might well head there! I can earn alot more there for alot less hours..
On the bright side there are things i love here:
I will miss the sound of the sea.. I love laying in bed at night with the window open hearing the waves crash...
I will miss the snowy mountains.. its been bloody cold this week and has snowed loads on the mountains.. its just stunning..
I will miss the dolphins jumping around..
I will miss having my own bedroom and double bed and only sharing my lounge and kitchen wiht one other person..
I will miss my rooftop balcony and spa..
so however much I moan its not all bad!! there areb great things here!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment