Interesting night last night.. (and am tired today!)
It was Adams and Felicity's last night in town, hes flying back to Oz tomorrow so they came over for a BBQ, Bree, Charlie and Ruths new boyfriend Kevin came over too so there was a few of us, we cooked up a feast if prawn kebabs, various seafood and lots of food fresh from the garden.. I was not going to drink at all since I'd decided never again (at least in kaikoura) when I had alcohol about a fortnight ago but before I knew it my wine glass had been topped up a few times.. for a change I was feeling quite active in the evening, I think because Ruth was covering for me in the evening as she'd had the morning off when she usually heps me clean (ditto for tonight so I have the evening off!! yay)
anyway so we ended up going down the adelphi, playing a few games of pool and I met lots of local people for a change. I wanted to go hoem at ten to midnight so I could be safely tucked up in bed before midnight but I was persuaded to stay a few more minutes and then somehow I was among the last in the pub with a few locals who were going back for a party. well I'm always complaining about never meeting locals so it seemed a good idea at the time..
I wasnt really sure why I was unpopular at the party. I knew I was the only non-maori and wondered if I was encrouching apon their territory but it turns out that it was because I was stealing one of their guys (who had brought me there to meet his whanau). But anyway it was an entertaining (different night) and I've not stolen him anyway although he is scarily keen.
But it was nice to be among maori and most of them were talking maori. I watch a maori language programme in the afternoons so I know a few words but not enough to follow a conversation. I have always had a thing for maori men so its a pity he's not the one!
Anyway I didnt get home till 4am and then as I had had alcohol I couldnt sleep and woke up at 6am unable to get back to sleep again.. I have now ransacked the flat trying to find my credit card but to know avail so have had to cancel it.. will probably find it later but its better to be safe than sorry I suppose..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment