I had seen the flyers a few weeks ago about a peace festival but since it was on a Wednesday I thought I might be working and wouldnt be able to go but neither of the childcare centres rang me this morning so I ended up having the day off.
I had already spent this weeks budget (and so therefore have to survive on whats left in the cupboards) but as luck would have it I exchanged the birthday money Anna and Chris gave me and got money for my entry fee.
It was pretty interesting. In went to various talks, the first was about the power of Now which had some far fetched concepts and some really interesting ones. I pick and choose which ones suit me. I also went to meditation and feng shui and stuff and watched bands play..
There was alot about 2012 though which I'm really not sure about it. I was told about it last year and was put off the whole thing because it reminds me of religions that tell me the world is going to end on a certain day and we'll all die unless we join their religion.. so I'm a bit wary of this 2012 prophecy stuff. Anyway the theory behind it is the world is going to change dramatically in 2012 by stopping and turning the other way or something?.. apparently something like this happens every 90 millions years or so and this is why we are having these weather patterns and stuff as it is preparing to slow down or something? I think I have the basic thory I'm not sure... who knows?! I'm not sure what we are meant to do about it.. there were a few smug people who were floating about saying we have to ride the waves and work together?
To be honest I think some of this stuff is bollocks and some of the people floating about in funny outfits telling me "they can see I'm in love.... in love with the world.." and saying all of us here today believe...blah blah and using the royal we were really annoying me!!
However like I said I can pick and choose the bits I like. I always like hearing about the tests on water forming into water crystals and how positive intention and music affects the crystal that will form.. the pictures are amazing (I'm sure most of you will have seen them its not a particularly new discovery). anyay I like the analogy that we are made of mainly water and therefore the same should apply to the water within ourselves with positive intention etc etc? I take this to mean I should be looking after myself and giving myself positive energy? (and playing nice music?!)
Its hard to find a happy medium in all the clap trap.. I've always wanted to live temporarily on a commume but I think I would have to be careful with the one I chose. I visited one last year for a day and all the people from that were at this festival and I could understand some of what they said such as that life had all been about stress and work and now they were travelling and had ended up on this commune and now they loved life and wanted everyone to be like them and to believe everything they believed and ended up being a bit smug and preachy.. the thing is I know I can get like this and I'm bound to turn into one of these people when I go and try commune living or when I go to Thailand or somewhere? (I apologise for this in advance if it happens) The thing is I really like some of the philosophy behind it and I've always said I would like to be a hippy its just alll the smugness and were better than you stuff that annoys me..
Feel free to remind me of this when I am floating about on a commune somewhere insisting now I know the meaning of life.. (thats the thing Ive got to try it or I wont know.. and then I can go back to normal afterwards and wear shoes and stuff again!!) or maybe it wouldnt work and they'd throw me out anyway.. I used to have enough issues with my ex Paul insisting I was poisoning my body everytime I put something in my mouth that wasnt a mung bean.. I had a chocolate cookie at the festival but they'd taken all the goodness out of it.. dont think there was any chocolate, sugar or gluten in it,, tasted like cardboard to me.. bring on the sugar and proper chocolate!!
The meditation was a bit too buddhist for me.. I love guided mediations where they taken you into a nice garden with waterfalls or some such like (Like the meditations at my Monday mights Lighthouse) but I fing buddhist meditation quite difficult.. Its funny as many times I have tried to "get into" Buddhism stuff. I like some of the philosophies behind it but somehow its just not me.. I cant conform to it all.. maybe I'll just have to have my only little niche in the world with my foot an lots of doors rather than fully in one? or maybe I'll make my own little niche!?
ah well theres me babbling on again..writing as I think..!
Funny how I these things make me want to change me when the point of it all is to be happy with me as I am!
Your Birthday card arrived Aunty Barbara and Uncle Robert.. thank you.. the good thing about gettibng cards a couple of days after my birthday is that it makes the birthday feeling last longer!!
I was also at my firend Helen's house yesterday and played the dvd my sister had sent me.. it was soooo Cute!! my neice Elizabeth was singing Happy Birthday to me!!! and my sisiter asked her where Aunty Melissa lived and she said New Zealand (in this cuter little voice) and then Amanda asked her what was in NZ and she said kiwis!!! How cute!! Needless to say it made me cry!! The one thing travelling has made me learn is the importance and value of family and friends.. and that was the lesson I really needed to learn..
though also on the subject of lessons to be learnt, I was reading the latest Marie Claire in the library (where I am now) and my stars for the rest of 2007 tell me to stay away from bad boys.. they will only cause me pain!! Lol how accurate is that!! Believe me I'm gonna!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All sounds a bit 'new age' to me, but harmless unless you believe them. It is true that the poles do flip over, apparently lets hope they are wrong about 2112.
what are the poles? and what impact will it have apon us?!
Post a Comment