Tuesday, July 03, 2007



So I had a lovely time in Mount Cook but the next afternoon it was time to leave.. on the way we passed through Lake Tekapo but the weather was so terrible we couldnt see much. It was a long bus journey and we eventually made in to Chritchurch at around 7:30pm in the pouring rain. The bus driver couldnt find my backpackers so i ended up wandering around in the dark and rain lugging my big backpack around.. luckily is was a lvely tiny quiet backapckers and I was just sharing with one other girl.
Which is just as well as I needed my sleep.. my next bus was at 6:45 in the morning taking me to the train station for the transalphine.. one of te most famous train journeys in the world and certainly the best in NZ.
I have to say it was a nice train and great food!! Hard to take photos as it went to fast, even though there was an open sided viewing carriage.. but I was glad I did it as I would have regretted it and always wondered what it was like otherwise!!

No comments: