Sunday, August 26, 2007

Harry Potter Mania!

I have been (impatiently) waiting for the new Harry Potter book at the library since I am too tight to buy it (whats the point when your travelling and cant keep it?!) and was very excited when I was up at the counter getting asnother book out and the computer dinged to tell my reserved book was in!! yay!! needless to say I did nothing else all weekend. I was actually working at the backpackers all weekend so obviously I had to clean and be a tourist information guide (and we were surprisingly busy!) but other than that I was sitting out in the sun absorbed in Harry Potter - which by the wsy was great!! I had finished it by dinner time Sunday!
I have now lent it to Emily (the current manager of the hostel) who was also excitedly waitng for me to get it out the library!!
However it was really hot this weekend!! Summer has started early and because i was so focussed on my book I didnt realise I was slowly going pink! (since its still winter you wouldnt think I'd need to worry about sunscreen but it seems I should have!) god whats going to happen when I get to Oz? I am both going to melt and burn to a crisp!!
I have got a 35cent per hpur pay rise at the Child Care Compnay which is cool, anythings good and apparently I should have been on it longer so I got rebated for all the hours I've done which was about $40!
Also on the money front I got a tax rebate!! after months of phoning the tax office and trying to see if I could get one its paid off! I got a cheque for $235 today!!
Working at Kathmnadu is going well. I did a 3 hour training on backpacks the other day and 1.5 hours on goretex jackets! so now i should be an expert on these subjects!! I also have a $25 voucher so am wondering what to spend it on!!
Emily and Kevin the current managers of Shortbread Cottage leave on the 8th September so we are desperately looking for replacements for them. It will be sad for me that they are leaving as they are really nice. Any of you fancy a job?!
I phoned the bank in England the other day to talk to them about my debt. It was probably a waste of time since I got passed around a million people who knew nothing but I've asked them to ast least note on my file that I am trying to communicate with them! The last guy said that he would have to get the Metropolitan debt Collecters involved if I couldnt sort it out..so thats something for mum and dad to look forward to. I wish I could have it all wiped clean and really hope that I will get that opportunity. I think its so wrong taht we are offered credit cards and loans the minute we get to 18 even though theres so chance we can pay them off.. I have since I came to NZ learnt my lesson and live within my means but its a hard lesson to learn and such a long slow process to try and sort it out.
had a day off today which i was quite cross about last week as I didnt want a day off but it turns out i needed it more than I thought! I have been rushed off my feet today faffing around on computers and all sorts! I also dont feel amazingly well. I woke up and felt like bursting into tears and going back to bed but as the days gone on I think I might be fighting the flu off or something as I feel rubbish (and should probably be in bed)! Maybe I'll have a nap in a bit!

No comments: