Wednesday, November 21, 2007



Me and Amber on our Goodbye meal last night at the Lone Star Restaurant in Nelson.. small meals they arent aye!! I felt so sick at the end I thought I might throw up.. which could have been a good thing aswhen helen went her son threw up and they gave him a free T shirt!!
It was super nice to see Amber though, we chatted lots and she got up early this morning to gossip some more over brekkie and say final goodbyes! I was very good and didnt cry but now I'm wriitng this up my eyes feel a bit prickly!
I shall miss her and wish I had some time to go to Araroa lodge and see her, but she intends to trvael the world so hopefully we shall catch up in various other places! shes been instructed to come to Ozzie first!!
The church is there to remind myself of my lunch breaks at Founders Park.. I get an hour for lunch and always lay down on the grass outside this church and get out my book to read.. but end up having to set my alarm to wake myself up instead!!
Have been at Founders Park alot the last couple of weeks and will be all of next week. Have to admit I'm sick of it now.. I am officially over the whole work thing.. I need a holiday!!! and I have done my dash in childcare.. if I'd been at Tasman Street I wouldnt be saying this I'd be desperaste to go to work everyday rather than counting down the hours..but I havent so I'll moan instead!! People keep saying "Oh you'll be able to work in childcare in oz".. but in reality I'm going to avoid it as much as I can.. I want to try out other jobs..!
Anyway am knackered, its been baking hot for days and I feel cooked even now at 8:30pm! Oh god what an earth am I going to do in Oz?!!
Anyway, tomorrow is my last ever day at Tasman Street which will be emotional. Have made a fudge cake for the kids morning tea.. was in a proper cooking mood when I came home.. knocking out muffins and cakes left right and centre.. think the other backpackers wondered what was going on!! (and were hoping for some themselves.. ah well so was I!!)

No comments: