Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The other day I caught myself clapping my hands together and saying aloud "So who's it going to be today?". No I've not turned into a serial killer (I'm not the Shortland street killer!!).. I have however clearly gone mad! I was talking to my stuff (obviously!?). After I made this rule the other week about throwing one thing out each day till I left so that it would all fit into my backpack I have been on a mission. At first it was easy.. no I dont need 3 sets of thermals, gloves, hats and scarves for Australia.. however its got harder and harder. Yesterday I managed my kathmandu badge and today a pair of tweezers.. hmnn yeah so thats going to create lots of space in the backpack?!! In case your worrying yourself over the safety of my eyebrows, dont panic I had somehow managed to aquire 3 pairs of tweezers..

I babysat for Claire for the last time Saturday night. I'm the only babysitter they have ever had for their 3 year old so they are a bit worried about how they are going to have a life again now I am leaving.. even if I did ruin their carpet.. (I didnt mean to - it was only water - however it managed to leave a huge stain on their cream carpet..) oops!

It was my last day at Tasman Street on Friday so I made some fudge cake and took in for the kids who really liked it even though it was really sticky and gloopy! They made me a card with all their photos on it, and took lots of photos of me with the kids which I have laminated for my wall, the kids made me a cake and Sue gave me chocolate and it was so emotional saying goodbye at the end of the day.. Maya, Holden, Michael and Jack in particular gave me these huge hugs goodbye (Im such a sucker for hugs!). It was really sad realising I wouldnt ever see them again. I have after all seen these kids growing up for 2 years.. and when your only 2 or 2 and a half thats a long time.. I've seen them roll over for the first time, crawl, learn to walk.. graduate from sitting in a high chair to being obne of the big kids around the table..

It was my last night at The Lighthouse on Monday, Its funny as it used to be my favourite thing of the week, then I dont know what happened, was it me or the centre that changed? A bit of both I think.. I think when I loved it, it was filling a void in my life but I dont think I need that anymore.. I still love the idea of it all. I love all that "Spriritual stuff"! (tarot, clarivoyancy, reiki, chakra healing, past life regression... etc etc the list is never ending)! and stil enjoy going I guess my Tuesday night group does it all better though..
However, I decided to go to the healing chairs since it was my last week. I was feeling perfectly happy but decided to get my dose of healing upliftment while I could!! I knew without looking up that Matt would be standing behind me.. In all the time I have been going he has always done my healing. its funny as its quite a girly scene and when I first started going when I came back to Nelson this year my first reaction was "ooh he's a bit of alright"! Anyway, he's an amazing healer and can take me into this really yummy meditative state which makes me feel great afterwards.. so it was a good way to leave the Lighthouse..

I managed to get through Monday and Tuesday at Founders.. now just Thursday and Friday to get through and thats it forever!!! Monday was not too bad as is was Isabellas 1st birthday and then we had one of the pregnant mums doing a ballet and tap show for us so that kept me entertained for a while,(I was a little worriwed she might topple over doing the arabesque with that tummy full of baby..) but Tuesday I was counting the minutes.. how can a day feel so long?

I had a good weekend at the backpackers, it was scorching hot which puts me in good prep for Australia (it has been really really hot for weeks now) caught up on a few phonecalls and finally got hold of Laura.. only a couple of months till theres another baby I'm not going to see! Was really nice to gossip and catch up - it was like I had never left..
Spoke to Mum, dad and Amanda as well. Had just received photos of my neices which as usual made me eyes water! I'm such a rubbish Aunty.. but hopefully they'll just think of me as this cool, exotic Aunty who lives far away!

Matt and Louise have now left and we have new managers David and Anneke who I'm hoping are just shy.. they dont seem exactly a barrel of laughs! Still its only a few days till I leave so it shouldn't matter to me!

Was my last night at Sharon and Anna's Tuesday night group last night. Was so nice, they bought this crystal for me and passed it around the circle putting positive energies in it for me for my travels which was lovely.. we also had a guest speaker in called Dawn Grace Kelly who was amazing!! she did a chakra reading on me which I felt was really accurate.. and shes not a light and fluffies person either.. shes very direct!! I wish I'd met her 6 months ago as she teaches reiki and how to do these readings and everything and I really want to do some training in all these areas... but everything happens for a reason.. maybe all that awaits me in Australia!

Its strange but I have this weird feeling that my life is only just begginning...

No comments: