But after walking aorund for a couple of hours my ankle swelled up to twice its size and there were no buses, I couldnt walk to a cash machine or walk any further so was in a bit of a pickle..! I could have ordered a cab somehow but really couldnt walk to find numbers etc, so I saw a truck driver having a break and got chatting and asked if he could give me a lift home which he was really happy to do so that was cool!!
so thats why I was really lazy sitting in front of the TV for the rest of the night.. I hadnt got any food in but luckily Vlad had packed me tubs of brown rice and lentils already cooked so I could just chuck it in the microwave and hey presto.. sorted!!
I decided since i was on the highway and I hadnt checked my bank balance but had a feeling I would be getting poor so decided to hitchhike from Narooma to Merimbula..
I got a ride really quickly but only 50kms down the road into the middle of nowhere.. quite weird standing in the middle of nowhere waiting for a car!! (in baking heat!!) but I got another lift pretty quickly about another 30km down the road.. where I stood in Bega, by soem shops for a while till I got another ride straight to Merimbula.. and he drove out of his way to take me to my YHA which was great!! I dodnt have any cash so they wouldnt let me check in but I stored my stuff and wadered off to find a cash machine.. going for a swim in the sea first!
No comments:
Post a Comment