Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bay of Fires


So I had a lovely evning at Chris's place. met all his family and girlfriend, they fed me a bbq and were just so welcoming and wonderful.. Chris packed me a picnic which I've been feeding myself with for a week, he travelled all of Europe for a year never staying at a backpackers.. only using couchsurfing!! I'm impressed!! so after leaving Chris's place in Scottsdale he dropped me off on the highway to St Helen's. It took me several rides to get to St Helen's as it was mostly local guys who picked me up.. the local vet who took me 10kms up to road etc etc but eventually I made it.. threw my stuff in the local backpackers and went to explore. I wanted to see teh bay of Fires which I knew was quite a way out so i went to the isite and asked how I could get there without a car or money and she just said "You cant". But I wasnt going to let that stop me so I got chatting to some french guys looking at leaflets and asked them where they were off to.. The bay of Fires and asked if I could hitch a ride with them.. so off we went!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you practice your French or was their English too good?
Dadx