So after I updated last I felt sorry for myself with my hangover, had a shower, waxed my legs and had an early night...
The next morning I ran around Melbourne like a lunatic getting pretty much nothing on my list done.. but ended up getting my bikini line waxed - probably too much info for you all, but am feeling pretty good now.. in the last few weeks I have had my haircut and everything.. I don't look quite as much like I've just crawled out the bush.. actually I probably don't look any different but I feel different..!
Then I found myself lost and thought I was going to miss my flight, but met this lovely maori guy who took me back to my hostel so I could get my stuff.. if I'd have had time and wasnt running around like a headless chook I would have informed him he was damn good looking and asked for his number but ah well we always think of these things afterwards..
So I knew the way tigerairways.com make their money was going to be through luggage, they have a 15kg limit which is nothing, so when I checked in I had 17kg, its 11$ per kg so I just opened my backpack and wrapped all my clothes around me... and then it was 14.8kg!! great, so the flight cost $14.95 in total.. BARGAIN or what?!
It was a good flight, pretty much as soon as we were up in the air, it was time to land.. a 50 minute flight!
Once landed there was no airport shuttle so I shared a taxi into town with random other backpackers, and got dropped off at the Gunners Arms in Launceston where I was meeting Yvonne who was to be my new help x host. She works in the pub as the chef in the evenings.. first I went for a wander round town and the park, and then I came back to sit in the kitchen, eat food and chat..she is a busy, talkative person and she had told me she has ADHD which explains the rapid fire of conversation!
Anyway, we had a guided tour home at 10pm, where I met the family, Ariel her son is 19 (and v good looking!), he daughter is away, and she has 4 students staying all from China, and her mother lives in the granny flat.. its a manic chaotic house but I like it so far!!
oooh I forgot to say how Tom at Fawcett Cottage sorted out my feet..! This was really important and I have hated my feet for ages! They have got so cracked and dry they bleed and hurt to walk on.. but Tom spent ages sorted them out my sanding them down with this special machine and they were like new feet.. they are great!! Its so exciting!!! Everyone laughed at me for raving on about my new feet for days!! so now I am moisturising them every 5 minutes to try and keep them in shape!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know that Phil and Jenny really enjoyed the beautiful landscape of Tasmania and I do hope to go there one day.
Looking forward to hearing more about it.
love mum xx
its great so far!! yeah everyone said to me how beautiful it was so I knew I HAD to come here! there wasn't any choice about it or I would have felt I missed out on something otherwise!!
Post a Comment