
Intended to leave Devonport early but happily slept in and then introduced myself to a French girl driving to Burnie and persuaded her to give me a lift. We stopped in Penguin this cute little seaside town obsessed with penguins!
Then on to Burnie – really wanted to be able to catch up with my blog and upload all my photos so I wouldn’t be in the situation I’m in now (totally behind with it all). But of course the one Internet shop was shut (I mean it was a weekend after all) so I got Pauline to drop me off at the isite where I tried to use the Internet but my photos where on a DVD and the technology was too old to recognize them. But the lovely man in the shop gave me a map to his house and said I could go to his house and that his son would be home. His son was the kind of 35-year-old guy who doesn’t leave his basement bedroom of his parent’s house and has posters of naked girls around. So he looked shocked to find a real person venturing into his basement!! The DVd worked as it was a new computer but the connection was dial up and therefore just couldn’t cope. So I pretended to be doing something for a few minutes while the son gave me furtive glances from a corner and then thanked them profusely saying they’d been wonderful and I’d got everything done.
No comments:
Post a Comment