Monday, April 14, 2008

Queenstown



Then on to Queenstown or the lunar landscape to its friends because of all the mining making it so bare. I stood on the side of the road for a couple of minutes before a guy picked me up who had just been to th3e dentist so talked funny and dribbled (at least I hope that’s why he was dribbling) But he dropped me off at the door of my backpackers which is all I can ask for and although I had booked a dorm bed they were all full so they gave me a cabin of my own for the same price which was bliss!! Woohooo!! I was very happy!! I made the most of it by having a long hot shower, waxing my legs and going to bed!! I did manage to stroll along the beach into Stahan though and wanted to go on one of the cruises but my finances didn’t allow it. When I couldn’t help overhearing these people arguing in the shop and they had these buy one get one free tickets and there were only 3 of them. So I introduced myself and said well I’d pay half and that way we’d both get it for half price. Yay!

No comments: