


I also went for a wander as the guidebook had informed me that the backpackers had resident platypus so I was searching for them! Resident my arse!! What they meant is that they had a river running through the property with occasional platypus swimming through… so the best time to see them is at dusk. I wandered around crawling through riverbeds at dusk, which quickly turned to night. But no luck!! (Might have had something to do with slipping and falling in the river and screaming though)
The cruise was 9am till 3pm so a good day out! (World Heritage Cruise), it took us to the Maquarie Heads, into the roaring forties, for a walk on Sarah Island, this brutal island where convicts were sent, sometimes called Devil Island. It was pretty good actually as the talk was don’t by this actor from the Round Earth theatre Company who was really funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment