Sunday, May 04, 2008

Dinner out with the Muratoris

 
In Torquay we also went to the famous surf shops but I didnt find anything.. everything was a size 8 or 10 in the factory outlets.. so yes there were bargains for think people! But it was nice to see the stores since they are so famous!
Once again I am at a stage of my clothes falling apart.. I know what I need to do.. tip out everything from my backpack into the nearest skip..and if I wasnt such a hopeless shopper thats exactly what i would do!! What happens is every few months I buy a new item of clothing and feel very pleased with myself.. but what I need to do is buy all new stuff. i drove poor Sheila mad.. i admit I am a nightmare to shop with.. I hate it!!! But my trousers are paper thin and held together barely.. as Michael so eloquently put it they are rags (gotta love 15 year olds for their directness!!). But I have new shoes finally!! I am happy.. I did look pretty funny going out to bars in my blinky blinky crocks!! (Jamie had alot ruder names for them which cannot be repeated!!)
The we headed back to Sheilas and had the most scrumptious lasagne ever, since she married an italian she learned to cook in italy so her italian food is amazing!! she also makes her own wine which was very nice.. but since I am on a detox one glass was enough.. when I say detox I dont mean water and fruit only i mean no alcohol and an attempt to eat some more fruit and veg!!
Then today we headed out to a local market, then out to Portarlington which was a pretty seaside town. we had lunch at a lovely cafe, where I introduced Sheila to the world of chai lattes!
Then we went out to an openign of an art exhibition of a friend of hers. it was really good, she is a talented artist. Its been nice to be in the world of artists again. Sheila is an artist and immerses herself in the art world so it was kind of like being back at home around my dad.. I like it.. I am not an artist but I like the art world.. kind of weird to not be talking about the price of milk or beef, or even wool or grain prices.. so many different worlds out there!
After that we went out to Stephen and Lindas and met her mother cathy and we all went out for a lovely meal at the italian club..
I have been emailiong and phoning about my new job which has been weird.. I've had several emails from her over the last couple of weeks about the work i migth be doing.. it started off with workign in the backpackers, then cooking for the tours, then apple picking.. and today when i spoke to her I will be working in the vineyards.. so who knows what i will be doing?! as long as I get paid I dont really care.. but her husband is pcikign me up in Geelong tomorrow on one of their tours. so i will be doing the great ocean road tomorrow and the grampians the day after and then arriving in naracoort the day after. Now its quite funny as I thought I would be working in adelaide.. thats what the job advert said.. but it turns out its in naracoort. some few hundred kms away.. just as well I'm laid back and dont mind where I am! I am dubious as to how the job will turn out as she was a little off with me today.. she had said to meet her husband in the morning at the red rooster and since there are 2 red roosters in geelong I rang to check which one to which was a little rude and basically said how would she know? so how the job will turn out who knows? all I can do is go there are see what happens! Thats what lifes about aye?! if I dont like it I'll leave.. simple as that!
I have had a lovely time in geelong and been so well looked after, they are all such lovely people and have told me I am welcome back anytime (and they genuinely mean it!) which is lovely to hear!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good time with the long lost relatives. We hope to visit them all as well. Hopefully soon!

Melissa said...

yeah Sheila said you've been saying you'll visit for years but shes been waiting a long time!!