So the other day I felt like treating myself so bought myself Cosmopolitan Magazine (I've only been wanting it for the last 2.5 years), a bottle of sarsarilla and a bag of jelly babies.. so there I was all cosyed up content as can be when I realised Cosmo is not how I remember it.. it was a disappointment. Debatable to know whether I've changed or it has.. although John (Kathryn's husband) seemed to enjoy reading it and finding out what kind of man he is by the drink he drinks and what he wants in bed. Anyway articles such as "Repackage Yourself" parties sounded a tad scary.. apparently you invite all your friends and family round and get them to rip you apart by telling you everything your rubbish at and what they dont like about you and then they "repackage" you. ie you change yourself, stop doing/wearing and being all the things they dont like about you..
Um is it just me or could this be a tad dangerous?
From an expert in this field not being youself is not all that great actually.. and how many people are going to want to top themselves when their bitchy friends tell them how crap they are?
So for future reference if any of my friends suggested a repackaging party they can go jump.
Am such a sap!! was feeling a bit like some comfort lately and got my parents to send me My cuddly toy Megan. at first when i sent an email they said who what, where.. and I was distraught she was never to be seen again.. but as luck would have it I went back in my blog and found a photo and this blog entry:
Megan looking distraught that she's being left behind!
I am so upset that I can't fit Megan in. As Mum and Dad came in to help me make the stuff I wanted to take less and we put all the essentials in the backpack in was impossible to fit everything in that I wanted to. I've already had to cut it down to 3 pairs of trousers - one of which I'm wearing on the flight.
I was whinging away clutching her saying I needed her ears to sleep (anyone who knows me well will know what I mean!!) when mum suggested cutting her ears off (you'll have to try and picture the look of sheer horror that was on my face in reaction to this!) so to save her from mutilation and to keep her safe she's going to sit on my bed and wait for me!!!
I cant believe I'm going tomorrow - all this countdown is over, its finally here! and as you can see I've worked out how to put photos online! Goodness knows how much access to computers I will get but hopefully I will be able to put amzing pictures of scenery on it rather than of my cuddly rabbit! (who while is very special to me - may not be to anyone reading this!)
Posted by Melissa at 5:18 AM
weird reading that?!! anyway.. so here she is in Australia and am looking forward to going to bed tonight and cuddling her ears!!! yep I know I'm 28.. do I care? nope!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad that Megan (your rabbit) has finally arrived and is keeping you company on your journeys.
love mum xx
Thanks mum! me too!!
m x
Post a Comment