Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I am feeling a lot more like myself again today (thank god for that!)
I am actually wearing sleeves which is fab, absolutely agony getting them on but worth it! (and its pain thats good - ie I'm allowed and supposed to move my arm a bit now and start exercising it.. its quite amusing though as some of the exercises I stare at the arm and will it to move and it just flops there staring at me.. still these things take time.. and on the bright side the brace kind of looks like body armour.. wonder if they could paint it silver?! Joan of Arc here I come?! (did she wear armour - have no idea?)
Been organising myself a bit today.. insurance is amusing.. I paid $600 for travel insurance that tells me to use/claim from medicare which being English and having the recipricol agreement with oz I get for free anyway! Also amusingly after ringing the 24 hour phoneline in the UK I clearly woke the woman up so we wasnt exactly a mine of info.. and she didnt believe I was English because of my accent. I wasnt sure whether to take that as a compliment or not - nevertheless everyone here just laughed at me and said the woman clearly needs to know what an aussie really sounds like!
Am attempting to sort my NZ tax back. Should get $120 back which will be great. It would be nice if I could get the $2000 in taxes I paid back but you cant have everything!
Cheryl and Graham are off to Brisbane tomorrow for a funeral and to collect a new campervan so I am going to stay at Kathryns for a few days so not sure how much email/internet I will have as I think they are on dial up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some lovely photos again Melissa. I espacially like the Grampions and the beaches and you with the waterfall.
love mum xx

Anonymous said...

Check out my comment on Scientology!

Melissa said...

Thanks mum! ok will do dad!