I am never leaving the house without my camera again!! I usually take my camera everywhere.. I literally take it to the supermarket with me.. but yesterday Kathryn called in on her way to some bra extravaganza sale to ask if if I wanted to go too and I thought well i'm not going to be taking photos of bras.. so we got the the bottom of the driveway and an echidna ran in front of the car.. I leapt out of the car and got to stroke it.. how cool is that!!? admittedly they are not that strokable being similar to hedgehogs.. but anyway needless to say I was ridiculously excited!!
I have been waiting for ages to see an echidna and here one was on the driveway..! I've informed the family that their next task is a platypus!!
I've seen a few bandicoots now as I am getting up so early in the mornings and they are still running about.. and since wallabies are just an everyday occurance now I dont squeel with excitement every time I see them anymore!
It was Matthews birthday yesterday so we had all the family round for a meal and as usual I ate too much!
Its my birthday today (although it will probably print the 19th at the top of this post).. here it is the 20th. Although I woke up at the usual 6am for work I realised it was a Sunday and I could chill out and go back to sleep (yay)!
Then at a more respectable time I leaned over and opened my birthday cards before getting up and being given hugs and pressies.. then we had a roast beef Sunday lunch with the family which was cool. Cheryl had made yorkshire puddings especially for me.. and for once I wasnt the one going "what the hell is that?!" At last.. I seem to spend my entire time not knowing what aussies are on about and appearing as thick as 2 short planks..
I tried to make phonecalls to various people in Europe last night (your Saturday morning) but all of you were out (how dare you have lives?!)..
Thank you for your cards eveeryone and for the birthday package Eva.. will go out shopping with the money!! you do realise that everyone thinks the same I thought about all dutch people? and that we were expecting the trippy magic candles you sent to get us all stoned.. (I will point out that they didnt!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I was on the Real Ale Train on Saturday myself - I can post dedicate a pint of ale in your honour ;-)
Happy Birthday. I hope our package arrives safely.
Thank you!!
Not arrived yet dad, but hopefully soon!
M x
Post a Comment