Thursday, August 21, 2008

I GOT MY VISA!!!

Yay.. well it was stressful 48 hours (I jest.. the poor Japanese girl giving me a bikini wax yesterday did look at me in disdain/amusement when I said I'd waited a stressful 48 hours to hear about my visa.. when of course she has had months/ years of stressing over visas.. well anyway since it said when I applied that I had to have medicals and xrays.. it even sent me an email telling me where to have them done etc.. I emailed immigration and basically said "Do I really need to have a medical?" and they bascially emailed back and said "No its okay.. dont worry.. heres your visa" SORTED!!
So that saves alot of stress and incovenience and I know I can stay in Australia until 9th December 2009.. then its chuck out time!
I will add though that 48 hours did feel like a long time.. my first visa was emailed to me within 12 hours.. I am so bloody lucky.. I guess I am very lucky to be from England.. it makes visas etc a lot easier.
Anyway I am very happy about that!!
Working late shifts has been a shock to the body clock.. but I dont mind it..and am getting used to having a lie in and my days free.. well freesish I have physio and stuff to go to and since I bought a swimmsuit the other day am going to beg my physio to let me go swimming.. I know its going to hurt but am sure if I am gentle.. I'm sure I've heard somewhere swimming is good physio.. have discovered a gym within 2 minutes walk of my flat and they have a free gym trial and stuff so would love to give that a go!
The girl on reception at Adelphi is very shy and has bascially never been out on the town.. so.. after the cleaners trying to get her to go out for the past 2 years she has been instructed (by myself) to meet me from work at 10:15pm and we are going to go to a pub or two on the way home.. so that will be good for both of us.. I am not dressed to go out in the least.. but nevermind!
Now I just need to book my flight from Hobart to Melbourne.. have started looking today and the cheapest is $29 but thats with no luggage.. so with $20 extra so I can take my backpack the cheapest is about $50.. not bad really.. I should probably just book it or I will miss out..!

No comments: