Monday, September 01, 2008

Am I unwell?!

So I decided to go on a health kick the last couple of days.. eat healthy and get some exercise.. banana smoothies for breakfast and the physio finally gave me permission to go for a gentle swim today.. so you'd think people would be saying oh your looking fit and well or something might you?! So far all I've had is "oh god are you okay? you look like your going to faint" and "You look like a ghost, your so pale" and "Did you not sleep last night, you look shattered.." Hmmff!! my response is.. "um well er no.. I just got some exercise.. and didnt eat any chocolate today thats all.."! and of course I'm in agony with my arm.. I did take it gentle.. only 10lengths (admittedly of an olympic pool but I used to be able to do 50-100 pre breaking my arm). The physio gave me a nice massage and stuff after (am I glad of medicare!) so I feel a bit better.. but could still do with a nap! Shame I still have to go to work and wont be getting my nap till after 11pm!
I have been walking lots since I live miles from work so always walk a minimum of 1.5hours a day but still want to get a bit more exercise.. so hopefully I can build up the swimming gently without passers by telling me to sit down and take a rest or without people calling the doctors because I look unwell!!
Am very excited its finally spring time here!! Nice to have some sunshine and warmth!! It was 20 degrees the other day though and I nearly died of shock.. thought I was going to overheat and die.. am a tad worried about what I'm going to do when I get travelling again and venture into the warmer parts of Australia!! I am very excited about the hot weather though and running around in beaches and hopefully not getting eaten by sharks! Am having to restrain mylsef from packing.. I have a sign on my wall that says "MELISSA YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PACK YET!!" I cant help it.. I'm an organised list making obsessive and I like stressing over packing!! I have set myself as the 23rd October as when I can start packing! Its not as if I am not content here, I enjoy my job and love my little flat.. I'm just excited about being on the road again and seeing new places!

No comments: