I think the correct medical defination for it is "You are homesick!"
There it is.. I have said it.. its official. I miss my family and friends, I am missing sharing peoples birthdays and christmas's, family sunday roasts, a place to call home, a comfy bed, a bath, stability, English shops (m+s undies... high street clothes shopping), I am missing seeing my neices grow up.. and will my friends please stop getting pregnant and having babies without me there?!!
Last night I lay in bed thinking of buying a bath bomb in Lush at the airport and soaking in my parents bath.. aahh the simple things in life!! (after all the reuniting hugs and kisses of course!)
Melinda took me to a friend of hers place yesterday who does family day care/childminding because she knows that is what I want to do when I grow up.. going there made me even more sure thats what I want to do. Its just a matter of getting there. When I go back to England I am going to be broke.. so I am going to have to get a job to be able to buy/rent somewhere I can run a family day car centre from.. what this job might be doing in order to get me the job I want I dont know.. winning the lottery would be easier!
So despite being homesick I am a stubborn so and so and am not coming home in the next couple of months..
I dont want to regret not seeing all of Australia which I know I would so I am going to try and see things a bit faster and not spend 8 months in every town I pass.. then on my ticket home I plan to go through Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos (just for a couple of months rather than 2 years in each though). that way I wont have any regrets of where I didnt see. I accept I cannot see the whole world right now, or if I do then it comes at a price of not seeing fmaily and friends and not having a home and a career..
I have also by the way realised I am not a night owl.. obvious to those who know me.. I was trying to look on the bright side of working late shifts.. but it is not working anymore.. I am a 9-5 type of girl.. it takes me about 5 hours to wind down after work.. so if I finish at 5pm, I can be thoroughly chilled out by 10pm.. so this week work has stepped up considerably (some amusing stories to tell when I have the energy) and have not managed to be leaving work till after midnight.. it then takes me about 5 hours to wind down.. so at around 5am I am falling to sleep.. at 7am they start serving breakfast at the other side of my very thin bedroom wall... tired? me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We will more than likely be on a round the world tour taking in Oz & NZ next winter, probably after you have left! We will want you to tell us about all the best places to visit. We will come and see you somewhere.
you mean your not going to be waiting at the aiport for me welcoming me back to England? what about my family xmas next year?!
When are you thinking of going?
Yes we will have to arrange a meeting point somewhere if you are not going to be in the UK when I get back!
Post a Comment