16 days left in Tasmania.. its going to fly by! Melninda is coming by on Monday to help em sort through my stuff and try to fit it in my backpack.. that shoudl be interesting!!
The boys who have been living at the backpackers for the past month are leaving tomorrow.. its going to feel a bit empty without them. Paris and I have been spending quite alot of time together and I have got kind of used to having him around. Ah well, travelling is full of goodbyes.. I am going to be even more upset about saying goodbye to Alana and Melinda. Its funny as in my last couple of months in Tassie I have made good friends, found myself classes and hobbies (swimming, pilates, meditation, reiki) and a few weeks ago the Child care Centre in Kingston rang me and offered me a full time job.. so it could all work out in tassie if I gave it a go. But I didnt even hesitate with saying no to the job offer, and getting a pay rise at work today doesnt make me hesitate either..!
I went out for a few cocktails with Alana on Saturday and had a really nice evening.. I hadnt had alcohol in a month since the 3 bottles of wine episode so I kept to my rule of a maximum of 4 drinks in fact only having 3 as I could tell the barman was making them very strong and I was getting tipsy! Am very pleased with my self restraint! Now I just need to keep it up!
Melinda and I went on a big tour of Hobart the other day which was really good! First we went to the Female factory which originally in March when i came to hobart for the 2 days I had on my list of places to visit but never got round to.. and only just did. It was really interesting.. am glad I wasnt around in those days! Then we went to the casino which I have never been to and after telling everyone that I would never gamble really enjoyed myself on the keno! then we went to the botanical gardens which shamefully I have also never been to after all this time in Hobart!! they were gorgeous and Melinda had to literally drag me away from the newborn ducklings (I went into high pitched female mode!).. there will be photos up soon when I get round to it!! Unfortunately after all that I was on late shift at work.. but actually managed to finish work on time which was great as melinda pciked me up on the way back from her finishing work which was alot better than getting the late night bus!!
Now I am on 2 earlies, and then late shift over the weekend..Just been for a swim and stuff after work and am shattered..! Physio tomorrow so she can see whether I have been behaving and doing my exercises or not!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment