Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2 more sleeps!! and Backpacker on the month!!

I have two more sleeps to go!! and two more shifts at work!! Its finally happening. I am both excited and emotional at the same time!
This week has been full of last times I will do stuff in Hobart etc.. and a really busy week!
I had Monday and Tuesday off which was fab but I was really really busy. Alana and I had fish and chops on a boat on the wharf on Monday night and then went to a meditation and healing session, which was great! if I had been staying in Hobart longer I would have ended up going every Monday night but I only just discovered it! there was about 50 people there so its pretty popular!!
On Tuesday I had my pilates (had my last one today - Thursday) which I felt sad to leave too, emotional goodbyes and good lucks on my travels. Was a really good class and good teacher. Alana came along with me today to see what it was like and I think she liked it, but whether she'll go without me is another matter!
Then I had my hair cut for the summer, I dont know if this is a good enough reason but I like to have my hair in bunches/pig tails and it doesnt look as good with longer hair as it does shorter so I had my hair cut so I can wear my hair in bunches?!! Quite scary how my mind works!! Anyway so I wore my pig tails yesterday.. and had ended up working late so missed the last bus home so called a taxi from the bus stop, so there I was leaning up against the bus stop at 23:45 waiting for my taxi wearing a knee length skirt and a non low cut work top and black cardigan when 4 men got excited and announced "there was a hooker". Hmnn after I glared at them they said "oops your not are you?" to which I replied "I certainly was not" to which they asked why I was hanging around on street corners at this time of night.. and started their wonderful chat up lines.. well let me think.. so I could get a taxi home to avoid dodgy men on the walk home... I wasnt even wearing clothes that I would constitute as hooker wear.. I was not best impressed..!!
Tuesday night was my work leaving do. We went to La Porchetta on Salamanca Place which is always good! I love their Carbonara.. we only talked about work but it was nice to say my goodbyes and stuff and they gave me a leaving card and $50 voucher which was lovely of them! (I might just cry!). So I was actually in a good mood at work last night!! (Shock horror!!)
Yesterday was a beautiful day so Melinda, her mum and Gracie and I went to the Salmon Ponds in New Norfolk. They had packed a picnic and we had a great time having our picnic in the warm sunshine and feeding theses huge salmon and trout!! (They were humumgous and would jump out of the water!) it was a perfect day for it!
I got an email today to find out I am backpacker of the month in the TNT magazine! so I am famous!!! We should get the delivery of new TNT magazines at work today!! I have won a 4 day break which is even more exciting.. dont know where yet I think I can choose so hopefully can find one on the West Coast or something!!
They are also going to publish a story at some point soon and have asked me to write another one so I am really happy about that!!
So I guess my last day is going to be pretty unexciting.. a mad rush around of packing, cleaning my flat and working, and then on Saturday Melinda and I are going out to brekkie which I am looking forward to! I think theres going to be alot of emotional goodbyes. Alana will be at Adelphi anyway as she is working so she'll be there to wave me off, and Charlene is coming in to say good bye..
There are many reasons why I could stay in Tasmania.. I got offered a job at Kingston Childcare Centre as an Early Years Teacher to start on November 1st, have made good friends and found myself hobbies and stuff, but it doesnt feel right. I dont think Tasmania will be my home. I dont think I will ever come back. I dont regret coming here, I would have always wondered otherwise.. but for now I am ridiculously excited about my holidays in Melbourne for the next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about you being backpacker of the month. It is a good picture and interview. Fabulous news about you winning the 4 day break.(You'll have to start entering more comps!!
love mum xx

Melissa said...

lol yeah have thought about it.. but a bit difficult without having an adress to send the prizes to!
Mx