Monday, October 06, 2008

Arm almost as good as new!

Had more xrays and appts at the fracture clinic this morning and yay they signed me off and said goodbye!! I still have physio and she is worried about me carrying a heavy backpack and stuff but all in all its all good. I still have some pain and difficulty in certain movements but mostly its looking and feeling great.. and more toned than it was before I broke it!!
Its now 25 days till I leave!! I am so excited!! I havent been leaving work till after midnight in ages and we are getting more and more busy. We have 8 phone lines but only 1 me to answer it. Therefore 8 lines are ringing at me at a time and the answer phone messages and emails and people at the desk are coming in faster than I can deal with them!!
But I had the weekend off which was fab.. I had Monday, Tuesday off and then only worked Wednesday, Thursday, Friday before having the weekend off.. how cool is that? If only every week was like that?!! I mostly spent the weekend sleeping or watching DVD's with the boys (we have some builders staying at Adelphi for a few weeks who are highly entertaining.. they are all quite young and it amuses me greatly as they yawn and stretch on the sofa so that their arms are behind my head on the sofa.. and then I raise my eyebrows at them..! They are trying to get scary movies because they know I hate them.. There really are some horrible movies around.
Saturday Melinda and I went to Eastlands shopping mall and then walked around Risdon Dam which was cool, nice walk. Am still trying to be healthy.. swam for 2 hours straight yesterday, up and down the pool.. meant I was knackered at work but there we are its all good!

Of course having had all that time off means I now have to work my but off again.. but it did me good to catch up on some sleep and get less grumpy!

3 comments:

Paul E said...

Glad you are fixed :-)

Anonymous said...

Great news about your arm. Don't overdo it though especially when you DO have to carry a heavy rucksack.
Love mum xx

Melissa said...

Thank you!! yeah am going to take it easy.. physiotherapist has been very strict!! so a big parcel of all my crap will shortly be on its way to the UK and several bags of junk going to the charity shop.. so I can have a nice light backpack!! and of course this is my excuse not to apply for any farming jobs!!