Monday, December 08, 2008

The Nullarbor




We eventually made it to Norseman in the evening where we grabbed dinner ( I will add that over these 3 days the boys had not let me contribute to petrol, meals, drinks or anything.. I snuck in a couple of drinks rounds while they weren’t looking but they really wouldn’t let me pay for anything.. ) and then drove into the bush up a big hill and fell into our swags..
There was this mine crushing something that made it sound like an aboriginal tribal drums and there were more stars than you could possibly imagine.. it was amazing.. Michael and I just stared up at the stars while Manuel snored away and talked and talked and talked… we had obviously done a lot of talking in that long drive.. But I have to say it was the most perfect night ever staring into each other’s eyes beneath the stars, listening to the drums..

No comments: