Monday, December 08, 2008

The Planets and Stars





I had phone reception in Esperance so I did the rounds reassuring friends I was alive and one night Michael texted me from Bremer Bay and told to go and check out the moon and planets.. Apparently I wouldn’t see this sight again for another 20 years.. and I have to say it was pretty amazing!! It was like they were smiling down at us!! It was Venus, Jupiter and the moon according to what I’ve just checked out online. Wish I had, had a telescope.
So obviously I had got hold of Julia and arranged to get the bus from Esperance to Ravensthorpe on the Tuesday.. Typically the bus broke down about 5 minutes into the journey and I was say next to and English guy who was flatter than a pancake.. could I get a smile out of him? No chance!! He was depressed because he couldn’t find work.. personally I wouldn’t employ him either but I encouraged him to get there and actually look..

No comments: