Once back in Alice, we had much needed showers (access to toilets and showers had been far and few between and with all that dust, walking in warm weather etc the shower was wonderful!
Even though we were exhausted we headed out for dinner and drinks with everyone from our tour. It was such a great bunch of people and I made lots of friends who I am keeping in touch with via facebook! Good old facebook!
Once back at the hostel after a nice sleep and lay in Eva and I had the day to explore Alice Springs.. we had some brekkie in a café with new friends and explored town, wandering around and being tourists! Then we went and had a didgeridoo lesson.. can you believe its taken me 18 months of living here to have a lesson.. and I have to say it is not my skill in life and I wont be spending $300 on buying one to practice with!!
We had a good flight, I have never been so excited to finish a holiday before.. weird feeling.. had a wonderful time and it was awesome.. I was just so excited to leap into Michaels arms at the airport (poor Eva) !!
So obviously that night we were knackered but we showed Michael some photos and stuff and I gave Eva the bedroom while Michael and I kipped in the swag in the lounge.
The next day we decided to go to Litchfield NP for the day so I texted Jerome who we met on tour and knew had just arrived in Darwin and invited him to join us all for the day. We had a fab day.. obviously Michael and I have been before so we just leapt into pools and waterfalls smooching each other while Jerome and Eva explored! It was Christian Easter day too so we had a picnic with lots of Easter eggs too!! (Photos will Follow!)
Michael had given me lots of yummy eggs (and as instructed a chocolate bunny.. which even had little baby bunnies!!). But he also got me a gorgeous gold watch!! It is really delicate and cute like the jewellery I would always choose for myself.. I have taken a photo of it I shall put it up at some point soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment