Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm such a sook!

I am such a sook its ridiculous!! I hate Michael being away during the week.. its pretty normal in Darwin for men to go away to work but I miss him so much when he's away its silly.. I am glad he is at least close enough for me to see him weekends at the moment though. He's still painting the govt building in Katherine and will be for probably the next 5 weeks or so.. finishing just in time to go and see the kids in Perth before we go to Europe (7 weeks tomorrow!!) The bright side is we never tire of each other and every minute we spend together is wonderful!! (the negative for everyone else is we are both grmupy during the week.. spend all week on the phone.. and then act like we havent seen each other in months at weekends!!
He just flew his brother up from Perth to give him a hand on the job so now he has 2 assistants which will get the job done quicker which is good.. I hadnt met his brother (Manuel) before so I was a bit nervous but there was nothing to be worried about!!
So on Friday last week Michael drove down to Darwin and picked me up (and Manuel from the airport) and then drove us back to Katherine. Normally I go and help him on the job but I have been so tired and unwell lately I laid in till lunchtime and then went and helped paint in the afternoon.. then we were invited round for dinner at Shannon and Jodies.. who are desperate for me to move to Katherine so that Michael stays there too..! It is a possibility for the future.. who knows.. soemthing we will talk about.. after all Michael already has property there and all.. but for the moment my job is well paid in Darwin and I enjoy it!
Sunday I laid in again (I needed it believe me!!) while the boys went to work and then Michael and I went to Mataranka.. I have been learning to drive lately so this was the first time I drove a long way all in all there and back 200kms so that was cool! Mataranks was awesome!! There were these delicious hot pools that we sat and smooched in and splashed around and generally had a good time.. then unfortunately it was Sunday evening and time for me to get the bus home.. I dont get in till late but its worth it to spend time with Michael!!
Work has been manic at the moment.. Leeann our manager of the childcare centre has only been here 3 months resigned and didnt even do her notice.. we have also been supershortstaffed with people leaving left right and centre as usual! I have had the behavious specialist in lots observing my little angels.. I got a fantastic report though.. she wrote one saying how all the changes I have made have been great and said what a fatastic job I was doing and all that which is nice to here.. and always good to have given to managers!! Sarah.. our assistant manager has started working as manager this week and I think she will do a fatastic job so hopefulyl we will have some stability for a while.. as the last one nearly had a nervous breakdown and started being off sick more than she was in.. I did get offered managers position but I'm not stupid.. this place has had 5 managers in 12 months.. most have resigned due to stress and been off sick with stress..
Tomorrow I'll probbaly go round vicki's place.. we usually get together once a week or something which is great!! she did invite me round tonight but they are having friends round who she knows will turn it into a messy night and I know i cant cope with a "messy" night midweek.. i'll be in bed soon!! am I getting old?!! I dont care.. I've been so unwell with colds and stuff off the kids I've just been feeling under the weather so early nights and some rest are just what I need..!!
All my babies in my class have been so unwell and snotty.. I had only 4 children Friday they were all so unwell!! (great day for me though which was just as well as i felt shocking!!) and now my more Michael has man flu!!

2 comments:

dadx said...

A- Glad you enjoy your job.
B- It would be great to pass your driving test.
Dadx

Melissa said...

Thanks!! I'm working on it!! m X