We went to the Greek orthodox church for midnight mass.. which started fairly early.. ie about 7pm and goes on till about 4am… we left about 12:30am-1am after the most scariest fireworks I have ever heard.. there were massive sticks of dynamite.. and I am not exaggerating…!! Touching in church is not really heard of.. but I LEAPT into Michaels arms!!!
After that we went clubbing!! After what felt like (and was) 5 minutes sleep it was time for easter lunch at the rellies…none of Michaels rellies at this lunch could speak one work of English.. but it was wonderful to meet them and be a part of their easter! We got fed lots and they were really friendly and welcoming and are very excited that we have booked flights back to Kalymnos! We watched a wedding video Michael had missed of his cousins.. it was so fascinating to see a traditional greek wedding!
Then he had to go back to work and so did I.. what a shame.. I quite liked the endless holiday life!!
So I went back to work and told them I was taking 8 weeks off… oh yeah they were exstatic about that!!
I was a bit worried about going back to work as Anna had told me massive changed had been made while I was away.. in fact 5 of my kids had transitioned up while I was away and I had 5 new babies in my class and a new assistant.. so yes there were a lot of changes.. but its fine nothing to worry about! I still love my job!!
Michael cam back for a few days.. an awesome weekend where we actually just got to enjoy time with each other rather than running around..Then Michael had to fly up to Perth for Nomikos’s 6th birthday and to go and get the car and more stuff. Needless to say I miss him like crazy when he’s away.. he started driving the 4000kms back to me this morning (Monday) so he reckons he’ll be here by Wednesday…
This weekend I went out with Vicky to explore town.. she’s a new girl at work who actually isn’t staying at my work as she is going to be a relief teacher elsewhere.. but we have made friends anyway and had a great time out.. she is dating an aussie boy too and we have a lot in common which is great as I have been lacking good friends in Darwin!! Unfortunately I got a bit tipsy (okay sloshed okay) and managed to lose my phone.. I spent a lot of the next day going to every pub and club in Darwin (yes okay it was a very good night!!) and it was nowhere.. so today I got a new phone.. I managed to get my number transferred so it’s the same number but I have lost all of your numbers so please text me your numbers asap!! I am very glad it in May Day Public Holiday today.. yay!!
So I also got some cute baby stuff as people have been busy having babies this week and last week.. Rob and Anna had a baby girl called Lorelei.. CONGRATULATIONS!!
And Michael and I became Aunty and uncle again.. Michaels sister back in Kalymnos had a little girl called Karlotina so any excuse for me to cry over baby socks..!! (Michael is most amused!!)
Unfortunately long weekends have to end and I am back at work again tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment