Saturday, May 20, 2006

Am I old before my time?

Sometimes I wonder if I have got old before my time.
I also wonder what I did in England?
As far as I can remember I spent most evenings watching TV. what kind of life is that? but what else is there to do in England apart from go to the pub or watch TV. Sure theres the cinema and meals out both of which I love but both of which are expensive. I would do them every night if I could afford to!
I think people in Thames watch Tv or go to the pub.
Its assumed as I'm english I must drink alot everywhere! This is quite funny! I feel very boring as I dont drink that much. what does it mean that I can probably count the amount of times I have been drunk in the last two years on one hand?! people think I'm boring (and I probably feel it) and I have to remind myself that once apon a time drink was an issue for me and I used to drink everynight and go clubbing all the time. But this feels so long ag0 that it feels like another lifetime!
Today I was meant to be painting walls but rowan change dhis mind and I will be working in the shop all day tueday and wednesay.
I am going to look for a job tomorrow. If I find one I will stay in thames as I desperately need money (dont get me started on the money panic - I will at some point soon have to think about the debt back in england. Dad is deferring my student loans for me again but as for the bank loans... I try not to think about it as its too scary) if I dont find one I will move on and look for work elsewhere. I really want to go to the south island again now, even though I am going to freeze my arse off.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope so! every so often I meet the english backpackers whose only desire is to go clubbing very night and get as drunk as possible.
Thank you for the reassurance makes me feel less boring!

Paul E said...

I've never thought of you as boring!

Melissa said...

yeah well you knew me when i was 17, and I wasnt boring then! although I suppose I'm not now, I'm just not into all the clubbing and heavy drinking scene nowadays which would be described by my hosemates as a life not worth living!