I like still getting birthday cards and pressies.. it makes my birthday much longer! I was quite fed up this morning since I was not working again and after having had yesterday off as well had done everything I needed to get done yesterday! and its pouring with rain again. At least if wasnt raning I could go for a walk in the hills or on the beach but it wouldnt be any fun today.
anyway a nice surprise was a parcel in the letter box from my friend Eva, I got a birthday card, lots of photos of Eva and I in NZ, and dutch chocolate! yum! yay! so thank you Eva, it was a lovely surprise! and I will have more photos to put up on my wall, soon I will be taking over the room! (as its a dorm I obviously have to restrict the photos to around my bed!) I really miss Eva being in NZ! It would be great if she was here for the winter.
Anyway, I am in the library again, its highly possible they may regret giving me a library card! I come on the computers to do my blog almost daily, sit around reading all the new newspapers and magazines (once a week or when I have a day off (they get cosmo the day it somes out!) and have tonnes of their books out at home!
I stayed up late reading my Lonely Planet Australia I got out the library last night, am just so excited.. but beginning to see just how huge it really is! Am also realising that the Gold Coast may not be the best place to fly into since I dont really like the clubbing and drinking culture so much anymore (I mean I like a nice pub and a night out just not every night and not clubs really)and Surfers Paradise seems to be all about getting drunk and clubbing. Reading up on the hostels they all organise parties every night... and people are always warning me that the hostels in Oz are horrible compared to those in NZ.. So I am trying to decide where to stay.. a quieter part of the gold coast for a couple of nights and then work my way towards Bourke which is on the edge of the outback and where the farm I would like to work on is 80km from anywhere! (800kms north west of sydney) no danger of excess clubbing there! So maybe I should just make the most of surfers paradise and stop complainng! (not that I'm complaining really, dont worry I'm very excited about having the opportunity to go!)
will get a tonne more books about oz out today and get reading!! Its not that long really. I have 4 months left in Nelson. August, September, October and November and then at the beginning of December I'll fly to the North Island see the last few places and go!!
Went to the Lighthouse again last night (normal Monday night activity), am slowly getting to know the people there which is nice. Its nice to have somewhere to go out to anyway. God I talk as if I never go out! (But when your on a budget I cant go out much..) but saying that tonight I am off the cinema as its cheap night. Emily and I are going to see Knocked Up which I'm looking forward to!
I got my hair cut yesterday and got rid of all the dry ends which was good. Still had dye in my hair from 2-3 years ago but now its all gone! I get so scared having my hair cut its ridiculous but tried to relax and tell myself in the grand scale of things its not that scary and its not the end of the world if I get a bad haircut! I think I almost gave the poor hairdresser a nervous breakdown in the end!! anyway its very nice and I'm happy with it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment