Wednesday, August 08, 2007

For future reference dont live with Darts Players

Had a pretty good week. Slept over Helen's place last weekend and went for a long walk down the Matai River with the dog and the kids which was cool. She has a spare room and since we have a darts team staying a whole week I appreciated the peace and quiet!
Alot of backpackers ban groups of kiwis at their hostels and I can so see why. Its easier to tell real backpackers off.. they know the code of respect for other travellers need for sleep... after all when your tracelling for months and months theres only so long you can go without sleep.. But a bunch of kiwis on a weeks holiday just want to drink and party all day and night.. and it seems a group of darts players is not a good combo is a small backpackers. They are driving me nuts. If they'd been backpackers I would have told then to shut up in no uncertain terms but I am kind of wary. Particularly of a certain kind of man after they've taken lots of drugs. So home (by that I mean shortbread cottage) hasnt felt like so much like home this week. I mean most of them are fine but the stench of alcohol/cigarettes/pot isnt so great and I dont have alot to say to people who think P is fantastic. On the bright side my alarm bells went off immediately that these were the kind of men to avoid like the plague so my radar must be improving!! Anyway another 2 nights till they go.. I feel kind of mean being such a killjoy.. after all for some of them this week is their holiday for the year.. and hear I am moaning about them having fun.. but I do not appreciate a group of men "accidently"(?) walking into my bedroom in the middle of the night.. I cant feel relaxed like I normally do and I'm a grumpy cow when I dont get enough sleep!! (and some of them are prefectly nice.. they are just permenantly drunk).
Thank god not all of them turned up as I was meant to be sharing my room with 3 of them.. if that had been the case I would have moved out for the week I think.. I have ended up sharing my room this week with backpackers but since they are respectful thats been fine! Two german girls were too scared to leave our room though the night they stayed. but the last 2 nights two nice English girls have been staying and they have trvaelled the world so are a bit more confident than the poor german girls.. I've kind of got used to them after a week and made them all watch nip tuck last night (which OMG is so disgusting at times) after they made me watch Primeval (which I class as a boys programme!) Theres only so much hiding in my room I can do! But tonight I am off babysitting for Claire so at least I have an evening out away from them! Mind you they are mostly out early evening while I'm up and only coe in and get loud when I'm in bed. Anyway enough moaning about a bunch of darts players..
I started off the week by working at Kathmandu which I really enjoyed. I know I am strange but I genuinely enjoy stocktaking. I enjoy mundance tasks like counting! Its seems it is my skill in life as they were extremely impressed with me! I now know the Kathmandu stock really well too! and I have another job!! The sale starts on the 27th August and I start full time for that which is great! The staff are all really friendly and well travelled. However the funny thing is they didnt even bother to read my CV so he told me in the interview! (so I guess they dont care about my lists of qualifications)!
Then Tuesday and tomorrow I am working at Founders Park and it was quite good on Tuesday as the owner was back off holiday and she didnt make me be outsode for the entitre 9 hours like the others do.. I mean I quite like being outside in the fresh air but having variation makes the day go quicker.. and she has offered me lots more work to replace staff going on placements elswhere.. so work is sorted.. at least for the next 6 weeks or so.. and then it shoud be long till Heather at Tasman St goes on holiday... so work has sorted itself out!
This is my weekend managing Shortbread Cottage.. not sure if the place will sell tomorrow?! I'll be kept busy anway as the darts team check out Saturday so I will be trying to get all the smoke etc smells out of the bedding.. still I like being kept busy! I was telling kathmandu not to give me a day off and they were like "are you sure?!"
Am really enjoying a book my sister got me for my birthday called "Kiwi Tracks" I thought it was just about walks in NZ when I first saw it but discovered its the diary of a guy who hitchhiked around NZ.. its really good! Will have to send it back to the UK after I've read it so I can keep it to remind me of my days travelling..
got my legs waxed today using my birthday voucher the girls at work got me.. at least it wasnt as painful as last time! she was really good actually and gave me a massage as well. was very impressed!
Sorry havent checked my emails in a few days.. short on money this week and of course the libabry doesnt let you on hotmail.. will be checking them next week sometimes since I'm working the next few days..
Mum and dad.. I hope you had a good wedding anniversary! Hope you got my card!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes thanks Melissa, your card arrived early. We had a good day. We decided not to go out for a meal but invited Jim's mum and dad round to join us all (A&J and the girls too) for a barbecue. So it was a lovely evening too.
Glad that work is sorted for a few weeks to help you save up.
Love mum xx

Melissa said...

thats sounds good! Got to celebrate these things! enjoy the rest of your school holidays!