So Chris who is a really nice guy from couchsurfing.com took me into his work, where I sat catching on facebook for an hour, and then he dropped me off at the ecocentre and I walked back to his work and then he took me to the base of Mount Stronach. I hiked up getting lost constantly.. suddenly stopping evry few minutes and asking myself "Is this the rigth path?!" which usually it wasnt..! Finally made it up to where I thought was the top took some photos and promptly feel asleep.. when I opened my eyes again it was an hour and a half later... then I started wandering down and found this little side path which I started to wander up... I went for 20 mins os so uphill but then I was scrambling up and it wasnt a path so I gave up and skidded down it again straight into a sign which said summit 30 minutes up.. so I guess if I'd scrambled up for another 10 mins I would have found it.. oh well! so I wandered down. managing to stay on the path this time which turned out to be alot quicker and easier!!
Then Chris picked me up and here I am back at his work catching up on emails, helpx, my blog, couchsurfing, facebook.. so I'll stay the night at Chris's and his family and then in the morning hitchhike to St Helen's.
Am really excited as on facebook have managed to get in touch with long lost cousins and stuff..!
1 comment:
For some reason I can't get your pictures to come down in full resolution anymore :-/
Post a Comment