So.. at least the weeks at work go by quickly. One minute its Monday, the next it is Friday..I get asked around every 10 minutes when I will be leaving and begging me not to and to let them sponsor me to stay. I can understand their stress they need to know whether to replace me.. I have finally said end of May I will leave..not sure what date.. but I will definately not be at work for June. I figure that gives me a chance to save up.
Its not that I dont like Darwin as such I actaully love it being so exotic and different from anywhere else I've been and i love having a pink gecko that runs around my house! If I had a reason to stay I would.. but I do like seasons and I hate cockroaches.. I hate sweeping up after meals at the childcare centre and having to bash to cockroaches.
How clean and tidy my house is depends on how happy I am.. when I was with Michael I was really untidy and since he is a biut of a neat freak this used to drive him crazy.. but I was happy.. now the house is immaculate.. oh well you cant win!!
I also hate the fear of not being safe to go anywhere at night. I never considered myself as racist before and am ashamed of myself but the aboriginal people here are just scary. They start hassling you for $2 or a cigarette and get aggressive and chase you for them. I've heard of them killing people for a cigarette. They are just so aggressive and scary. Then theres the smell. The bus is a scary thing.. when people with dead eyes attempt to crawl/stagger on the bus, scabs, cuts and bruises oozing, bandages on various parts of their body, clothes torn and ragged, and a stench that makes you retch.. I hope to see the other side of their culture on Eva and I's trip into kakadu.
Anna is leaving on the 14th April for Bali so I shall miss her once shes gone, then I wont have anyone to hang out with. She came over for dinner last night, and tonight we are going down the vic for our free meal. usually shes working double shifts though at the childcare centre and at an old folks home so its hard to find the time to meet up. But it was cool last night.. we went to sit on the beach and watch the lightening..
I plan to book the Kakadu tour for Eva and I tomorrow.. am looking forward to that.! not long till shes here (she flies in 3rd April)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment